I love taking pictures, and I am by far no expert or even an advanced photographer. While I would love to be considered a professional photographer one day, for now, I am just a amateur or novice.
Several people have asked me about what “equipment” I use, and I am happy to share. I don’t have the most expensive equipment or the even the best and top of the line. But I love what I do have.
I made the investment into a Canon EOS Rebel T3 DSLR camera about a year and a half ago, and I am thrilled that I did. I found an awesome package on Amazon that included the camera body, two lenses and a bunch of camera accessories all for under $600. I was afraid I would have a little buyers remorse after I made my purchase, but I can honestly say that I haven’t one time regretted my purchase. I can hardly look at my older pictures without cringing. Seriously, the difference is that big!
Over the last year and a half I have been learning more and more about photography, camera settings and working with photos in photoshop. I am going to start sharing these things with you as well. I am working developing my “style” right now, and I do plan on discussing that with you as well. The one thing I have noticed, I do prefer to shoot animals over landscape, but recently a photographer whose work I admire taught me about Neutral Density filters and I think my preference may be changing… More on that later as well.
Since I also take photos for blog posts and not just for enjoying the world around me, my setup is more than just my camera and lenses. I am hoping over the next year I will be able to purchase a few more lenses and accessories, but for now this is what I have (all purchased from Amazon).
- Camera Body and Kit:
- Canon EOS Rebel T3 Digital SLR Camera Body &
- EF-S 18-55mm IS II Lens
- Canon EF 75-300mm III Lens
- Spare LP-E10 Battery for Canon
- Transcend 16GB Class10 SD Card
- Vivitar 58mm UV Glass Filter
- Additional Vivitar 58mm UV Glass Filter
- PD Digital SLR Camera Case
- Precision Design 57-In. Tripod
- LCD Monitor Screen Protectors
- PD SDHC Memory Card Reader
- PD Memory Card Storage Wallet
- PD 6pc Complete Cleaning Kit
- Rubber Eyepiece Eyecup
- Neutral Density Professional Photography Filter Set (ND2 ND4 ND8)
- Wide Angle/Macro Lens
- Fotodiox Canon EOS Macro Extension Tube Set
- A&R BRAND Professional 58mm Digital Tulip Flower Lens Hood
- Compact Battery Charger Set for Canon LP-E10 Battery
- Pixel Wired remote Shutter Release Control
My Camera – Canon EOS Rebel T3 12.2 MP Digital SLR Camera Body
I purchased my Canon DSLR in a kit that included two lenses, cleaning kit, SD card and more (From Here):
Outside of my camera equipment, I also have a studio setup that I purchased from Amazon seller, Fancier Studio. This particular setup is FABULOUS for my need to take pictures of products, film shoots for videos and taking pics of the kids.
Photo Video Lighting Kit includes:
- 2 x7 feet light stand for lights
- 2 x light adapter umbrella holders
- 2 x 45wattperfect day light bulbs 5500K = 400Watt /2 x 32″ shoot through umbrellas
- 3 Muslins 6′ x 9′ Black, White, Green are also include
- 1 complete background support system with Case 8ft Height and cross bars for the background stand
There you go, that is what I have and shoot with. I am putting together a list of my next purchases so you can see what I want and why. As there are a few lenses and filters I am pining for.