The 20th annual Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival presented by HGTV is designed with something for everyone in the family: hands-on activities for all ages; how-to seminars from expert gardeners and Disney’s own team of master horticulturists; HGTV celebrity designers and an exciting lineup of pop hit makers from the 1960s and ’70s appear every Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Event Dates: March 6 – May 19, 2013
Event Tickets: Admission to Epcot® required.
New this year:
- Garden Marketplace culinary creations ranging from smokehouse barbecue and shrimp with grits and Zellwood corn to sweet “frushi” made with fresh fruits and coconut rice. Chefs are perfecting menus for marketplaces that will include Florida Fresh at World Showcase Promenade, Smokehouse Barbecue and Brew at American Adventure courtyard, Primavera Kitchen at Italy showcase, Hanami at Japan showcase and eight others. Around the World Showcase promenade
- Garden Marketplace refreshing libations with a kick like Hot Sun Tomato Wine from Florida Orange Groves Winery and Dole Whip with Spiced Rum, as well as non-alcoholic drinks like Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade and Wild Berry Slush. Beverage specialists will feature brews and beverages at food marketplaces and at Fruits by the Glass and Pineapple Promenade. Around the World Showcase promenade
- A new, circus-like “Land of Oz” play area based on the Disney fantastical film adventure “Oz: The Great and Powerful” to be released March 8, 2013. The interactive children’s play zone will feature play systems adorned with giant flowers and designed to stretch kids’ imaginations and muscles. Midway-style games, red-and-white circus-themed tents and the “Oz Movie Garden” of intriguing plants will capture the spirit of the upcoming film. Also on tap: photo opportunities and the “great and powerful Oz’s” crashed hot-air balloon. Imagination Walkway
- Larger-than-life Fab Five Disney character topiary. Floral versions of Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Pluto and Donald Duck (with Daisy Duck in a cameo) star in a celebratory cookout scene in living topiary color. The 14-foot-tall Goofy topiary will bobble an anniversary cake while Donald and Daisy play badminton, Mickey fires up the grill, Pluto swipes a link of hot dogs and Minnie chills out on a colorful blanket of blossoms. Epcot Front Entrance
- Illuminated Gardens in the park’s Future World and World Showcase will twinkle and glow over the festival’s world-famous Disney gardens and topiaries each festival evening. Epcot Future World and World Showcase
A dozen new garden marketplaces feature dishes and beverages Inspired by the Garden and Outdoor Living, such as:
- The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews will feature Beef Brisket with Collard Greens and Jalapeno Corn Bread.
- The Florida Fresh Marketplace will feature Shrimp and Stone Ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, Zellwood Corn, Tomatoes and Cilantro.
- The Fruit by the Glass Marketplace will feature Blueberry Blue Wine from Florida and Gluten-free Raspberry Ale.
- The Japan Marketplace will feature Frushi – fresh seasonal fruit rolled in coconut rice drizzled with a fruit sauce and toasted coconut.
Returning Festival favorites include: whimsical, artfully crafted Disney character topiaries (Mike & Sully of “Monsters University” as well as Phineas and Ferb make first-ever topiary appearances); gardening tips and demonstrations by Disney horticulturists and industry experts, children’s play areas and activities.
Flower Power Concert Series –
March 15-17: Chubby Checker & The Wildcats
March 22-24: The Guess Who
March 29-31: Nelson
April 5-7: The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie
April 12-14: Paul Revere & the Raiders
April 19-21: The Village People (new!)
April 26-28: The Orchestra, Featuring Former Members of ELO and ELO II
May 3-5: Tommy Roe (new!)
May 10-12: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone
May 17-19: Starship starring Mickey Thomas.
HGTV & DIY Designer Presentation Lineup
Chris Lambton, Going Yard – presenting March 8 – 10
Chris Grundy, DIY Network’s Cool Tools – presenting March 15 – 17
Egypt Sherrod, host of Property Virgins – presenting March 22 – 24
Brandon Johnson, My Yard Goes Disney – presenting March 29 – 31
Meg Caswell, Meg’s Great Rooms – presenting April 5 – 7
Jason Cameron, DIY Network’s Desperate Landscapes and Man Caves – presenting April 12 – 14
Sara Peterson, Editor-in-Chief, HGTV Magazine – presenting April 19 – 21
Carter Oosterhouse, Million Dollar Rooms – presenting April 26 -28
Casey Noble, Design on a Dime – presenting May 3 – 5
Dan Faires, HGTV.com, DanMade – presenting May 10 – 12
David Bromstad, HGTV Design Star, ColorSplash, Design Star All-Stars – presenting May 17 – 19Entertainment is subject to change without notice.