When children, 3 to 18 years old, with life threatening conditions are granted a wish to come to Central Florida to visit Walt Disney World, Sea World, and Universal Studios, they are set up in a truly MAGICAL resort. Give Kids the World Village steps in once a child’s wish is granted for a Central Florida visit.
While the Make a Wish Foundation handles the administrative side of things, it is Give Kids the World Village that handle the actual wish fulfillment.
The families of a wish kid get a Two bedroom, Two Bathroom Villa. These villas are GORGEOUS, full kitchens, living rooms and a dining area. The refrigerators are stocked with cold beverages before the family arrives, and new toys are laid out each day for the children. Tonight, in the villa we went inside of, there were roughly a dozen of us in there, and it was more than large enough to accommodate us. These themed villas are more like duplexes, in the fact that each building houses two villas.
Give Kids the World Village Villas
When a family is staying at Give Kids the World, there are NO out of pocket expenses. For meal times, breakfast and dinner are served family style off of a buffet and if you are around at lunch time, then head on over to the market place and pick up a lunch to go. But best of all, if any of the visitors have a sweet tooth for ice cream, well they can have unlimited ice cream all day long, 7:30am to 10pm. You got it, ice cream for breakfast, a shake perhaps or even a banana split!
Perhaps one of the most wonderful things about this magical place, in my opinion, is the nightly celebrations. I really don’t like putting it like this, but I want everyone to understand the FULL meaning of what they do. Because these children are potentially terminal, since they are diagnosed with life threatening conditions, making sure that they get to have their holidays, with their families in a magical setting is a priority for Give Kids the World. You see, every night of the week is a different Holiday or celebration. I know I am not going to get this right, but you will get the idea.
- Mondays are Halloween – the kids get to go trick or treating
- Tuesdays is a Birthday Party – You see the Mayor Clayton is celebrating his birthday, and of course he wants to celebrate it with everyone else who is having a birthday. So starting with the wish kids, if your birthday is that day, that week, month, season, or even that year, then you are invited on stage to celebrate your birthday. Complete with a giant cake and all!
- Wednesdays are Idol Night – the kids get on stage and perform for the other kids. And something amazing happens, the first time ever, all contestants are winners! The kids who choose not to perform can get the performers autographs after the competition as well. Free snacks, pops and slushies are even served.
- Thursdays are Christmas/Winter Wonderland – From Santa Claus photos, to getting a present (sponsored by Hasbro), to the Christmas party with Reindeer Games, and even SNOW. Yes SNOW, they make it snow for the kids as well! There is cookie decorating, Christmas Craft making and of course Christmas Carols!
- Fridays are Ms Merry Tea Party and Pirate and Princesses with a huge cookout at the pool. Costumes are provided to the kids to dress up as well.
- Saturdays are Big Splash Bash – Pool Party time!
- Sundays are Candy Land time – With the world’s largest Candy Land board, the kids and families get to be the pieces. Again Hasbro is a big sponsor.
Want to know more?
Read Give Kids the World – Wish Makers
Part One – Part Two – Part Three
Blogger Bash and Facts About Give Kids the World Village