We thought it might be helpful to put together a quick graphic on the comparison of Disability Services offered at the three major theme parks in the Orlando area. Universal Studios, SeaWorld and Walt Disney World. Below this graphic we go into a few more details on each program for you and you will find the Websites we recommend for families for with disabilities who are planning on Walt Disney World, Orlando Area or Disneyland Vacations.
Download it as a PDF orlando-theme-park-disability-services
Walt Disney World – Disbability Access Service
- You must stop in Guest Relations to request this card.
- The picture of the person who is in need of this assistance will be taken and printed on the DAS
- You go to the attraction of your choice and if the line is longer than 10 minutes, the CM at the ride will write a return time minus 10 minutes for you to come back.
- You may only being waiting on ONE ride time on your DAS
- You MAY use the Fastpass system with your DAS
- OTHER accommodations maybe given to you based upon your individual needs. The guest relations representative will discuss those with you. (Be sure to be prepared to clearly state your issues)
Universal Studios – Attraction Assistance and the GAP
- AA – It is a card that you can get from Guest Services
- AA – If a ride has a standby Queue of longer than 30 minutes, then you will be given a return time
- AA – You MAY use your pass at other attractions with standby lines less than 30 while waiting on a return time (you will be sent through the Express Line)
- GAP – VERY rare, only managers can approve these, and they are only given out to SEVERELY disable persons.
SeaWorld – Ride Assistance Pass
- You go to Guest Services to get this card
- If it is for a child, they will have their height measured
- A slip of paper with what rides that child can ride (based on height restrictions) will be printed on it
- If the standby Queue is longer than 20 minutes, then a return time will be given
- You MAY have an unlimited number of attraction return times you are waiting on at one time
If you need a social story to help prepare for your trip – Here is the social story we did with Special Mouse and Big Fat Panda. Starring Carson! and you can spot Courtney in there too.