We had an opportunity come up to take a roadtrip to Branson, MO for a few days of fun and we jumped on it. It had been 10 years since I visited Branson and Patrick had never been before, so we were really excited to do this.
From Walt Disney World Florida to Branson, MO it is a 16 hour, 1,103 mile drive.
We broke the driving up into two days since we were also dealing with Tropical Depression Bill. For the first night we stayed in Jonesboro, AR at a Fairfield Inn & Suites. We hit the road the next morning by 8am and drove through rain, wind and mist for most of the drive, but made it to Branson in about 5 hours time.
Once we drove through town, and got to our hotel, the Grand Country Resort, we checked in and hit our room to get ready for that night’s plans. Our 3 night 3 day stay in Branson itinerary was completely planned out and all we had to do was show up at each location on time.
June 19, 2015 –
June 20, 2015 – This was an all day eating day… seriously we were literally going from one meal to the next
- Breakfast at the Grand Country Buffet
- 10am – Amazing Pets – http://www.grandcountry.com/amazing-pets
- 12:30pm – McFarlain’s Family Restaurant – http://www.bransonimax.com/index.php/big-live-shows/16-MCFARLAIN-S-FAMILY-RESTAURANT
- 4:30pm – Showboat Branson Belle – www.silverdollarcity.com/showboat-branson
- Night – Track Family Fun Parks – Track 4 – www.bransontracks.com/tracks/Track4
- Night – Hollywood Wax Musuem –
June 21, 2015
- 10am – Silver Dollar City – www.bransonsilverdollarcity.com
- 8pm – Amaze, featuring the Acrobat of Shanghai – www.amazingacrobats.com/#amaze
June 22,2015 – Depart
As you can see, we had a full three days of fun filled packed plans! You can see more details and reviews on the linked posts above, but to summarize our quick trip to Branson. It was Fantastic! I had no idea there was so much to do and see. While this trip we didn’t know much about what to do or where to go and our itinerary was prepared for us, we have decided to go back again and this time we are going to spend more time at Silver Dollar City, two days at least, and we want to get a cabin near the lake and do some of the water activities.
I would love to have a family reunion type trip there and have everyone out for a week of fun and memories. I think I will start seeing what I can put together to get everyone out there for some memory making times.