I am an unpaid Disney Cast Member. How do I know this? Because I have watched numerous cast members doing their job, and realized that I too do almost everything they do with guests when I am at the parks. Short of actually ringing them up or selling them food that is. I know I am not alone in this job, actually I think there has to be thousands of unpaid Disney Cast Members, but they or you may not have realized that they are in fact in this elite group. So, I decided to make it easier for you to determine if you are in fact an unpaid Cast Member.
Answer the questions below with a yes or a no:
- Do you wish Happy Birthday or Congratulations to other guests based on the Disney Button they are wearing?
- Do you find that you are frequently eavesdropping on others who seem to be lost and offering Directions throughout the parks, resort or other Disney areas?
- Do you answer questions to guests regarding Park Hours and Show Schedules?
- Do you offer Dining advice, reservation phone number or where to grab the best “insert food or drink item” to parks guests?
- Do you find yourself explaining Pin Trading and Coin Pressing to other park goers?
- Do you find yourself offering to take Pictures of guests who are attempting to do group selfies or individual selfies?
- Do you use two fingers or one when pointing at things?
- Do you point out the Hidden Mickeys to other guests and (employed) Cast Members?
- Do you share the Baby Care Center locations to Parents with distressed babies or toddlers?
- Do you share tips about doing the parks with other guests while waiting in line, riding the bus, boat or monorail?
If you can answer Yes to more than half of these questions, then you too are an Unpaid Disney Cast Member, to see your exact rank, check your scores below:
- Intern or College Program – You answered yes to 5 of the 10 questions
- Part Time or Seasonal Cast Member – You answered yes to 6 or 7 of the 10 questions
- Full Time Cast Member – You answered yes to 8 or 9 of the 10 questions
- Veteran Cast Member – You answered yes to all 10 questions